The New Show
s***@sbcglobal.net
2005-02-13 04:02:05 UTC
I need peoples opinions on this,on one of my beta tapes of the 3
stooges shorts,there was room for 1 episode at the end,did this show
suck?,the one that I have is the new improved New show.
a***@excite.com
2005-02-14 20:43:05 UTC
Some of "The New Show[s]" were great. I remember one in particular
with John Candy, Kevin Kline, Gilda Radnor, and Buck Henry (was he a
regular?) had some really funny bits. A take-off on "The Hustler" with
Candy playing Jackie Gleason's part. A bit called "Closets of the
Stars" where Buck Henry visits Liberace (Dave Thomas) to tour his
closet. "Den of Revulsion" which is just ridiculous and very funny.
NBC didn't give the show much of a chance to find its legs, and they
aired it on Friday evenings, not a good night of the week for a good
show. I'd hang on to it.
s***@sbcglobal.net
2005-02-16 02:33:38 UTC
I have about 4-5 shows,but the timer ,or me cut off the beginning,or
the ends on some of them.I just think they shoved it thru.Rememeber
John doing Chris Sterling,Rods' son on Twilight Zonettes?.On 14 Feb
show. I'd hang on to it.
a***@excite.com
2005-02-16 20:17:58 UTC
<<<Rememeber
John doing Chris Sterling,Rods' son on Twilight Zonettes>>>

Don't remember that particular bit. I'm planning on heading to the TV
and Radio Museum in New York in the next month or so. I'll look that
one up.
Eccles
2005-02-24 04:32:21 UTC